Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Love Powder!

This card is my entry for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. The challenge this week is “Snow much Fun!” So I got a chance to use these new snowy designer papers by SEI from the Kris Kringle collection.
I distressed the papers using my deckle edge scissors first then used my Tim Holtz distress tool over the cut. The deckle edge scissors gave it more of a rough edge. Then I used Charcoal ink from Color Box for definition. The papers have a touch of black throughout the collection and it really stands out nicely.
My stamp is called “I Heart Powder” by Victoria Case. She is so cute. I used one of my new favorite products, “Sparkly Fluff” for the fur of her coat. And gave her boots and skis a coat of Glossy Accents.
This is the inside of the card. I brought some of the design elements from the front into the inside of the card. I designed the sentiment using my PC with my CK Wintertype font.
Here’s a closer look. The font has snow on it. How clever is that?
And here are the Copics I used to color the image.

Supplies
Stamps: I Heart Powder, Victoria Case; Snowflake, HOTP
Designer Papers: Kris Kringle, SEI; Gold paper, HOTP
Punches/Die Cuts: Oval and Fancy Tag, Spellbinders; Scandinavian Snowflake, Martha Stewart
Embellishments: Glossy Accents, Ranger Ind.; Ribbon, Michaels; Charm, HOTP

I hope you enjoyed my card...Thanks for stopping by.

Hugz,

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Hello Cathy,

I came here on your blog by "Just Magnolia Blog". You make such beautifull cards that I become a follower of you!
Have a Happy and creative New Year!

Hugs Samantha

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! Great layout and I love the snowflakes! These colors are just perfect together!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Céline said...

hi
fab card, love the stamp and your combo
thanks to playing at stamptacular sunday this week.
hugs
céline

Gemma said...

What a super card, love the way you put the snowflakes around the image! Thank you for joining us at SSC this week and all the best for 2011! Hugs Gemma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...