Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I wish all of my wonderful blog friends and visitors a “Happy and Healthy Holiday Season.”

This will be my last Christmas card to show you this year.
I’ve been wanting to use this sweet Tilda with Fir stamp and I finally made time to make a card and enter it into a couple of challenges.
The designer papers are from My Mind’s Eye, “I Believe” paper pack. And I used a new product that I just purchased from Susana’s Custom Art and Card Design store called Sparkly Fluff. I’ve not seen this before and thought I’d give it a try. I used a very light layer on the fur of Tilda’s coat so that the cute curls of the stamp would show through. However, you can add multiple layers for extra dimension. I really like this product and it is likely to show up on more of my projects.
Here is a close up of the Sparkly Fluff on Tilda’s coat. The sparkle is subtle so that it still looks soft but very elegant.
And here are the Copics I used to color the image.

This card is my entry to the following Challenges.
7 Kids Challenge Blog – Anything Goes
Just Magnolia Challenge Blog – Mina's Sketch
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Christmas Card
Top Tip Tuesday - Get Embellishing

Supplies
Stamp: Tilda with Fir, Magnolia
Pattern Paper: I Believe, My Mind’s Eye
Punches/Die Cuts: Large Ovals, Spellbinders; Botanical Scallop Edge Punch and Frond Leaf punch, Martha Stewart
Embellishments: Glossy Accents, Ranger Ind.; Ribbon, My Mind’s Eye; Sparkly Fluff, Our Craft Lounge; Flowers, handmade by Cathy with Prima “Got Flowers?”; Bead Spray, handmade by Cathy; Pearls, Recollections;  Sentiments, CHARLEE font from my PC

I hope you enjoyed my card...Thanks for stopping by.

Hugz,

6 comments:

HeidiD said...

Gorgeous card! Love your coloring and how vibrant your pictures turn out :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Cathy,

Wow wee, I can't express how gorgeous this card is, all your elements combine beautifully, I just adore this card so much....

Sending huge hug's and best wishes to you and your family this Christmas and I hope 2011 will be peaceful and full of all your desires
xxx
Vicky & Family

Renkata said...

Hi Cathy,
this card is so beautiful, fantastic design and amazing colouring.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous my friend and your coloring is perfect! Wonderful design and embellishing! Love it!! ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!! big hugs, Angela

Anne said...

What a cutie, that striped ribbon is fab as are all those embellies!
Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge and Happy New Year!
Hugs
Anne

Lisa Summerhays said...

What a bright fabulous card! I love the candy cane striped ribbon and the gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at 7 Kids!

Lisa Summerhays

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...