Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Easter-Spring

Hello Friends and Visitors! I made this card last weekend for the Magnolia-licious Highlites Easter-Spring Extravaganza Contest. There are three categories you can enter and some outstanding prizes. The voting will take place by Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group members which is so fabulous.

My entry for category #1 is an Easter card with lots of flowery colors.

I love this color combo. The DPs are from TPC Studio which I just got at Archiver’s.

My sweet little Tilda with her Bunny was colored with Copics in Blue Greens and Orange(YRs). For her Bunny I used the C0 series. I added Stickles to the bow of Tilda’s hat and Glossy Accents to her shoes and I gave bunny a white fluffy tail with some flock. I used my Spellbinders Circle die for the background and embossed the edge then I added some pumpkin colored ink with a sponge applicator around the embossing.

I machine stitched the DP panels and added Marianne Designs doily and Tilda Lace die cuts. The lace ribbon trim matched perfectly with my DPs which are both from Archiver’s. My flowers are from WOC and Recollections. The blue flowers I got at Hobby Lobby originally in white so I sprayed them with Turquoise Glimmer Mist to match my color scheme. I added some leaves under my flowers with my Nellie Snellen punch and I finished off the front with some pearls and a Spellbinders label die for my Happy Easter sentiment. Then I gave the label a coat of Stickles in eucalyptus and orange.

For the inside of my card I added elements from the front with a matted blank circle ready for a personal sentiment. Then I finished it off with a simple ribbon tie.

I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I did creating it. I’m working on the other two categories for this challenge so I hope to see you again soon. Thanks for stopping by.

Hugz,

25 comments:

Chrissy said...

I do love this card. The colours, the layout, it is a pure delight to look at.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Wow! Cathy Lee! I love this card!!! Gorgeous! I am like you I love this color combo. I really like the design of this card and this little Tilda image is precious! My Maggies are due to arrive Thursday and I can't wait to get them colored up!
I love your blog and I am your newest follower!
Big Hugs!

bhelenj said...

This card is so cute. I just love it.

Ann said...

Wow ~ Really gorgeous coloring; I love the card!

Tracey said...

Hi Cathy
Fantastic card absolutely love the colours!
Hugs
Tracey

Barb F said...

Love your card and your coloring!! So very pretty!

Linda Palmer said...

This is gorgeous coloring on this beautiful card. I think it is a wonderful card to enter.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a gorgeous card, Cathy Lee! I love it! And your Copic coloring is amazing! Beautifully done!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Frances said...

Love this image and how you colored it! I'm now your follower! hugs, Frances
http://becreativebeyou.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

This is a wonderful card, Cathy and the colours are gorgeous! Great colouring too!
Diane x

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous spring scene you have created Cathy! Amazing colouring, love the layout and added sparkle, take careX:)

Renkata said...

Hi Kathy wow such a Spring feeling card.
So beautifly coloured image.
Amazing card.

Patricia St Martin said...

Cathy love your card. The color you used look so nice together. Wonderful layout. All the great embellishments.

Anonymous said...

OMG Cathy this is stunning, such a lovely design, so bright and cheerfull, your colouring is beautiful, Tilda looks so cute...

Beautiful hun
x
Vicky

Brook said...

Beautiful card. I love your flowery colors and little Tilda is colored perfectly! Love it!

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Cathy, WHAT A STUNNING card with stunning colors!!!!!!!!
Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious Extravaganza. Good Luck to you!
hugs, Janiel

Tracey said...

Hi Cathy,

Just wanted to let you know what an inspiration your blog is to me, such wonderful cards! I would like to give you the Stylish Blogger Award. If you would like to accept this award please visit my blog at http://allsortsofcrafting.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-very-first-blog-award.html

Hugs
Tracey

Jane Miller said...

Hi Cathy! This card is beautiful. I love the color combination and you did a beautiful job of coloring. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commeting. Hugs!

cdjcape521 said...

Oh Lord, this is GORGEOUS! TFS! Love your shading!

Patti Jo said...

Beautiful coloring! Love the color combinations and wonderful layout!!! Terrific job Cathy!

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card, Kathy! I just love all these bright shiny colors and your coloring is magnificent!
Hugs, Iulia

Yone said...

Hi, Cathy !
Great card ! Love your coloring ! I'm now yr follower here ! Hugs,Yone

Arts by Sara said...

Oh Cathy, Your card is beautiful, as always! Sorry I have been MIA... Things have been crazy lately! You understand! Have a wonderful week! Happy Creating! Sara

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Cathy Lee, Wonderful card. I love your colors, bright and happy, and this lovely doily behind tilda is extraordinary. Wonderful coloring, you bring Tilda to life.
Hugs. D.

Pysselbus said...

Oh my.... Cathy!! I love this!! Your coloring is truly amazing!!! Gorgeous detailing and a fantastic design!! I'd vote for you for sure :-D


Have a great weekend!

Hugs
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...