Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tilda with Hawaiian Flower


Good evening, Friends! I made a card this evening for a couple challenges. I hope you like it.
I haven’t used this sweet Tilda stamp yet and thought I should make a card with her. This is Tilda with Hawaiian Flower. I just love that flower in her hair. I paired her with the Magnolia Stone Path stamp for background interest.
I used Magnolia and Jilly Bean DPs for a pink, grey and blue color combo. Then I distressed my papers with Pumice Stone Distress Ink for a shabby chic look. I took some Cheese Cloth and made a fun bow with a ribbon slide and added some pretty lace trim to my DPs for texture. To finish off the card, I stamped a cute ticket sentiment on the grey cardstock and added some flowers along with distressed leaves and a pretty stick pin that I made with a couple beads. I also added silver Stickles to Tilda’s dress and Glossy accents to her shoes.
I replicated the main design elements from the front of my card for the inside. Now it's ready for a note or any sentiment.
These are the Copics I used to color my images. Wow, did I use a lot!

Supplies:
Stamps - Magnolia; Whimsy Stamps
Cardstock – Bazzill; Heavenly White
DPs – Magnolia; Jilly Bean
Flowers – WOC
Dies/Punches – Magnolia; Spellbinders
Stick Pin – Beads, Michaels
Glitter –Silver Stickles, Ranger
Beaded Lace – JoAnn’s

I’m entering this card in the following Challenges:

Simply Magnolia – Garden Blooms
Magnolia Stamp Lovers – Distress
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting and have a great evening.

Hugz,


34 comments:

paperpapier said...

love the beautifully coloured Tilda. I have never tried using blue on skirt and this is a great inspiration for me to attempt one. Thanks for sharing.

RenateKreativ said...

Beautiful card, I like your great design!
Hugs Renate

Sharon Caudle said...

GASP!!!! Oh Cathy Lee!!!! This is totally and completely EXQUISITE!!!! Your coloring is phenomenal!! I adore the papers and lace you've used, but your coloring of her just takes my breath away!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!
hugs, Sharon

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous design on this card Cathy. Beautiful colored Tilda with lovely embellishments!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Moni said...

Stunning card, and Tilda is so gorgeous, fab details and papers. Hugs,moni

EnblogSail said...

The colors are lovely. Very pretty:)
Caryl

Loz said...

wow, the colours are so pretty!

angelwhispers said...

My word she is just gorgeous and wow love the background just so perfect with these papers and embellishments superb! Chanelle xxxx

Lena B E said...

This is adorable, you are very talent! :)
Hope you have a god summer! :)
Hugs Lena

A Casa di Ale said...

LA MAGNOLIA E' SEMPRE BELLISSIMA
CIAO DA ALE

Karen said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing. Great scene you have created here.

Karen

Louise said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is amazing, she is such a cutie
Louise

Paula said...

Goodness girl, this is beautiful!! Your coloring is fantastic!! The colors you chose are fantastic, the layout is fantastic, the "bow" is fantastic...well...this is just a FANTASTIC card, I love it!!

Karen said...

Wow! THis is gorgeous! : )

Damarys said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL card - love all the bright and happy colors!

Patricia St Martin said...

OMG Cathy this card is stunning. You colored Tilda just outstanding love the little pink dots and all the awesome embellishments with that dp are so beautiful, love your card.
Hugs, Pat

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Cathy Lee this is truly a stunning card dear!
hugs

Unknown said...

Wow I love this color combo and Tilda is just stunning!!!!! Wow gorgeous creation again!!!!! Way to go!!!!

Anne said...

STUNNING! Love the tulle!
Great colors and image. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Cathy Lee! This is just stunning! Your coloring is sheer perfection...oh my word, it's just beautiful! Love the ribbon slider/tulle bow and that lace trim is fabulous. So pretty inside too! Yeah girl, way to go!!! Blessings and hugs, Barb <><

Rene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! This Tilda is one of my favorites and you have colored her to perfection! Those papers, that scene...just beautiful!
Rene :D

cathylynn said...

WOWZERS Cathy Lee!!!! This is absolutley gorgeous!!! Your coloring is awesome and I love the scene that you created. Beautiful inside and out!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Elle said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring and the details.

Leslie said...

Another amazing creation! Love everything about this - the image, the papers, the colors, the embellies... :)
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Beautiful card, looks great, love the colors.
Blessings Doreen

inge said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, inside and out. Love the colours and details, and jour colouring is fab!
Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia and succes!

XX Inge

Norma said...

Cathy Lee, this is gorgeous. This Tilda is one of my faves--beautifully coloured. Love the colour scheme and your layout. Lovely DP's and your lace is to die for.
Hugs,
Norma

Kelly said...

Cathy Lee, your card is divine, I love the combination of stamps! your coloring is so pretty and the card is gorgeous. I see a lot of stuff I have in your card, great minds think alike? LOL

Laura said...

SO, SO, SO PRETTY Cathy Lee! Your entire card is just gorgeous! I love how you color!

♥ Laura C.

Jenn (Triple J Designs) said...

I saw you on Make-it-Monday and had to stop by and see the whole project!!
Your work is beautiful!!
~Jenn~

Marjorie said...

Stunning card hunnie, so beautifully coloured, and gorgeous flowers and trimmings...stunning!!
Thank you for joining us this week at Make It Monday....
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Andrea said...

wow what absolutely stunning card its awesome and your colouring is amazing. I hopped over from MIM it really stands out from the crowd ,you have amazing talent thank you for sharing your beautiful creations

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Lovely scene and layout. Love your coloring too! hugs, Angela

Sarah-Jane said...

All I can say is..stunning! Saw your card on Make it Monday.
Sarah-Jane xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...